Students select one interest group from the following groups provided:
Children’s Health Fund,
National Rural Health Association,
Coalition for Health Services Research,
Global AIDS Alliance, National Nurses United,
National Breast Cancer Coalition
and investigate the group’s key issues;
1) what is their mission;
2) what is their legislative agenda;
3) how is the agenda developed;
4) how is it communicated to members;
5) how is their agenda pushed and promoted (i.e., mechanisms used to engage/attract and influence policy makers);
6) what are the group’s current lobbying efforts;
7) key partner coalitions;
8) do their partnerships influence policies at the local, state or national level;
9) key obstacles;
10) spending allocations (consult the Center for Responsible Politics, www.opensecrets.org).
In addition to investigating the interest group’s website and reviewing position statements and testimony, students should consult media reports to obtain more information on the group’s current lobbying efforts.
1) summarize their findings in a 1-2 page, single-spaced memo. Students are also to
2) submit a 15-20 slide PowerPoint presentation that addresses all the key questions listed in the first section of this page.
Presentation is to be done in APA format and to include both learning objectives and a reference page.
Both presentations and written memos must be submitted via BB.
1-2 page, single-spaced memo
Learning objectives 5 points
Introduction 10 points
Investigate the group’s key issues 5 points
The group’s mission 5 points
Legislative agenda 5 points
Mechanisms used to engage/attract and influence policy makers 5 points
Current lobbying efforts 5 points
Key partner coalitions 5 points
Do their partnerships influence policies at the local, state or national level: key obstacles 5 points
Spending allocations (consult the Center for Responsible Politics, www.opensecrets.org). 10 points
Conclusion 5 points
APA References 10 points
Slide PowerPoint presentation 25 points
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need this assignment or any other paper?
Click here and claim 25% off
Discount code SAVE25